Wondering how to curl your new heat friendly wig? Good news! Curling the fiber of a wig is actually easier than curling the hair on your own head. Just take your wig off, put it on a Styrofoam head form, and you can see the entire hair surface! No more struggling to curl the hair at the back of your head. No more accidental burns on your neck or forehead while you attempt to curl your hair.
Curling your heat friendly wig is easy.
- Ensure your wig is made of heat friendly synthetic fiber, like the options from The Wig Company.
- Choose your heat friendly synthetic hair tool carefully. Please keep in mind the synthetic fiber is heat friendly and can only tolerate thermal styling tools up to a temperature of 350°F/180°C.
- Heated curlers/rollers work best for curling heat friendly wigs, as they allow you to leave the curlers in as they cool without needing to hold them in the wig.
- Put the curlers in your wig, using sections of synthetic hair slightly smaller than each curler.
- Allow the curlers to cool down all the way to room temperature before removing!
- Use hairspray specifically formulated for synthetic fibers to lock the curls in position. If you do not have hairspray for your wig, we offer a selection as part of our Wig Styling Products.